- Everyone should know how to locate your main water shut-off valve in case of a plumbing emergency
- Winterize outside hose faucets by turning them off before cold weather hits
- Turn off your washing machine feed valves when not operating your washer
- Consider replacing your hot water heater if it is 10 or 12 years or older
- Install flood detectors near water heaters and sump pumps
- Replace 5 to 7 year old sump pumps
- Battery back-up systems for sump pumps are recommended in case of power failure
- If you have a high water bill test toilets by putting a few drops of food coloring in toilet tanks
- Shutting off your water main when leaving for vacation by having ball valves installed this can be very easy to do
- Running cold water when using your garbage disposal can prolong it’s life
JOHN SCHOEFFLING PLUMBING CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE IF NOT PREFORMED BY AN EMPLOYEE OF JOHN SCHOEFFLING PLUMBING.
ANY QUESTIONS ON THE ABOVE TIPS WE WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER.